We all know to maintain optimal health you must eat right and regularly exercise. Well, the same is true for the skin. To promote healthy skin you must keep it in shape by giving it the nutrition and exercise it needs. Because our skin turnover is approximately between 4 to 6 weeks, we should try and have regular facials to boost your skins optimal health.
By keeping a good homecare routine with organic products, you are ensuring your skin is getting the nutrients your skin needs. However, what you do at home will only give you about 80% off optimal skin health. The other 20% will be the results from having regular facials as steps like steaming, extractions, peels and massage can only be delivered at its best by a professional.
When you have the steamer over your skin during facials to open your pores and allow them to breathe. This also creates the optimal environment for your skin to absorb the products better and allow the toxins in the skin to be released more easily.
For those who experience blackheads and or blemishes, it’s very important to have regular extractions by a professional to keep the skin clear and not allow the impurity to become bigger (if left for too long you can create bigger pores)! Although often very tempting, it’s not recommended that you try extracting yourself as if it is done incorrectly, it can lead to scaring.
Another important part of a facial is exfoliating, which removes the dead cells to leave a renewed freshness to the skin. Regular exfoliation helps stop the slowing process of the skins cellular turnover, to give the skin a more youthful appearance. Spa facials are a very effective as special techniques combined with professional grade ingredients, especially a peel, will amplify the exfoliation process.
Just like we have to exercise our muscles to maintain its health, our skin needs to be exercised through massage to increase the circulation, promote collagen production and help to keep the skin taut. This is something that you can practice yourself at home, and with the help of your spa professional, problem areas can be targeted with the knowledge and skill to get the most benefits from this step.
Your skin changes over times depending on the weather, our age and especially our hormones. It is a good idea to be able to speak to a professional who will be able to combat any skin concern and help to adjust your homecare routine as your skin changes.
Still not convinced?
Think of it like this: you brush and floss your teeth twice a day, but you still need to go to the dentist a few times a year for optimal health. Even taking care of your skin with a good routine twice a day, like brushing your teeth isn’t enough. You still need to have facials to get the extra boost that your skin needs to stay healthy. And remember, you can replace your teeth but you cannot replace your skin!!