Unfortunately we no longer have spray tanning as a service. However, we stock all of the Eco Tan tanning products.
Choose a healthy alternative to tanning without the hidden downsides! Eco Tan made Australian history by becoming the first and only tanning company to have natural and organic ingredients certified by the Organic Food Chain, under the Australian Government’s organic and biodynamic standards. Their products are cruelty free and do not contain synthetic ingredients or GMO’s. Eco Tan colours do not contain synthetic food colouring and are derived from cacao, herbs, flower extract, fruit extract and chamomile from our Mother Earth. Because the colours comes from cacao, it has no green or orange tones and you will never have to worry about looking like a carrot! Furthermore, none of the tanning solutions have the unpleasant fake tan smell. As dry or peeling skin effects the colour of the tan, please make sure you exfoliate well before you come in for your tan. We also have tips at the bottom of this page on how to take care of your skin before, during and after your tan so you can get the most out of your beautiful tan!
Skincare Tips for Tanning!
* Exfoliate from head to toe preferably the day before the spray tan. Paying particular attention to areas such as your knees, elbows and ankles by using Eco Tan’s Extreme Exfoliant Glove and Pink Himalayan Salt Scrub.
* Moisturise after exfoliation one day prior to the spray tan to prepare your skin.
* Shower on the day of your appointment as close to your appointment as possible (try not to sweat after your shower) but not within 30minutes. This is to ensure that your skin is clean, dry and rid of excess natural oils in the skin.
* Avoid using deodorant before your spray tan appointment as it will create a barrier to the spray tan’s absorption.
* Do not apply moisturiser prior to having a spray tan as it will hinder the absorption of the spray tan.
* Where possible, do not wax or have any other hair removal treatments at least 24 hours before your appointment so that there will be enough time for your pores to close (otherwise, you run the risk of a spotty tan). Also, by removing your hair after the tan, you will remove your new tan along with it.
* If you are planning to get a spray tan for an event and are also getting a pedicure and/or manicure, it is best to have your manicure/pedicure before your spray tan.
* If you tint your eyebrows, it is better to tint the day before or the day after your spray tan to avoid the tint interfering with your spray tan.
* Where possible, try to wear dark, loose clothing (including underwear) to and from the spray tan appointment to avoid staining lighter-coloured clothes.
* Where possible, remove all jewellery prior to the spray tan and leave them off until you wash it off.
* Where possible, try to wear thongs/ flip-flops home from your spray tan appointment and avoid boots /socks/stockings which may rub off the tan solution.
* If you would like to wear a g-string during the tanning, please wear a pair that can be stained or we can provide you with a disposable one. Although women can be naked when getting a tan, men MUST wear underwear.
* Consult with your spray tan professional and inform them of any dry skin areas, broken or abraded skin, wounds, and allergies.
* If you are getting a spray tan for a special occasion, it is best to be sprayed one to two days before the event to ensure you are happy with your colour and to get used to your new colour.
* If you are applying Eco Tan at home, it is best to apply to clean, dry skin, and apply as much tan as you would a sunscreen. Rub thoroughly and evenly to skin in circular motions, taking care to cover all areas (avoid the heels and soles of feet) and use only the left over tan on your hands to apply to your knees, elbows and ankle. Ensure you wash your hands thoroughly after application (if you have surgical gloves, apply the tan with them on, then remove and wipe the back of your hands and fingers on your arms and body to spread it)
* Try not to get wet for 1–2 hours after the spray tan. If it is raining the day of your appointment, make sure you bring a large enough umbrella to cover you.
* Try to avoid activities that will cause excessive perspiration for 12 hours after the spray tan, even if you are able to wash your tan off after a couple of hours.
* Avoid spraying perfume or applying moisturiser to your face or body until after you have washed the spray tan bronzer off.
* Your tan professional will tell you when you can shower depending on the level of colour depth and your skin requirements, however, when showering, please avoid using soap and shower only with warm (not hot) water to wash off the excess tan colour.
* After your tan, try to use shower gels rather than harsh soap bars. Avoid using scrubs for at least 7-10 days.
* After showering off the spray tan, it may seem like the colour has disappeared but please do not panic. The colour will continue to develop and process over a period of 12 hours.
* After a shower, gently pat your skin dry and avoid vigorous rubbing with a towel.
* Keep your skin as moisturised as possible after your spray tan, this will increase the longevity of the tan and help you avoid the tan wearing off in patches due to dry skin. We recommend using Eco Tan Coconut Body Milk!
* Your face will always be the first area to fade, simply because you wash it more frequently and because of makeup. It is best to use Eco Tan Face Tan Water to keep giving your face that natural glow.
* Please remember that your spray tan does not contain SPF and you will need to use a product with SPF on a daily basis to avoid sunburn and skin damage.
* Try to avoid activities that naturally exfoliate the skin — such as baths and swimming in a chlorinated poolfor at least 12 hours after your spray tan.
* Where possible, try to avoid excessive hand washing prior to washing the spray tan bronzer off. Baby wipes or wet wipes are a good solution to keep your hands clean.
* If you are going on a holiday to a tropical destination, remember that bug spray, when sprayed directly onto the skin, can remove or fade the tan. Consider spraying your clothing or a “cloud” of spray that you can walk through instead of applying it directly to the skin.
* When your tan is ready to be removed, the best form of removal is simple — a nice shower, and good exfoliation gel and mitts. However, remember to moisturise after you’ve removed the tan.