The eyelash cycle is approximately four to twelve weeks. Do not be alarmed if some of your lashes fall out quickly (they were most likely at the end of their cycle). The majority of extensions will stay through a complete cycle if you follow these guidelines:
• Your natural eyelashes should not get wet for a minimum of six hours; 24 hours would be ideal to allow the adhesive to properly bond to the dry eyelash (soggy eyelashes do not make for a good adhesion).
• Take special care around the eye area when cleansing your face. Gently cleanse the eye area and avoid any type of oil-based product around the eyes. The oils will break down the adhesive and cause the extensions to fall off.
• Never use a clamp-style eyelash curler on your extensions. This can permanently damage not only the extensions, but your natural eyelashes as well.
• It is better to groom your lashes every morning with a coating treating serum made for eyelash extensions as this not only helps to fan out the lashes, it protects your extensions and natural lashes.
• It is best to not apply mascara to the extensions, however if you must, please use a non-waterproof mascara.
• Do not attempt to remove the extensions yourself. Have them removed by your extension professional.
• Be sure not to rub your eyes, or tug or pull on the extensions because this can cause lash loss and can even damage your natural lashes. If lashes are applied properly and to each individual lash, they should not fall out until your natural lash cycle is completed.
• Try to avoid extreme variation of heat, humidity, and cold weather (i.e. – hot showers, saunas, zero-degree weather)